IKU ATAMER (Atatürk’s Principles and the History of the Turkish Revolution Research and Application Center) was established with the approval of the Senate of our University during the session dated September 16, 1999 as per Paragraph (d) (2) of Article 7 of the Higher Education Law No. 2547, and it became effective after the approval of its organization and regulations in the Official Gazette dated March 21, 2000 and numbered 23996, published by the Council of Ministers.
Atatürk’s Principles and the History of the Turkish Revolution Research and Application Center (ATAMER)
The Center, which was created within the framework of the regulations of IKU Atatürk's Principles and the History of the Turkish Revolution Research and Application Center, came into action at the beginning of the 1999-2000 academic year. The Center has organized a number of meetings and events with the participation of faculty members and students at our university, taking into consideration the education, training and orientation plan prepared by the Council of Higher Education in 1985.
The aims and reponsibilities of the center can be summarized as follows:
- The Center initiates independent research projects. It builds its own collection of papers and documents, and it makes necessary efforts to create a central library and an archive with books written by experts in the field. It takes initiative to increase its existing book donations.
- It searches for and follows influential speakers who specialize in their fields to organize interviews, conferences and symposia about the subject, and it hosts them in the conference halls of our campuses, especially on official national days, and contributes to the rise of the intellectual environment within the borders of our university with the participation of our students and lecturers.
- It organizes workshops with club member students to spread and make Atatürk's Principles adopted more strongly. To fulfill this goal, it interacts with students and helps and guides them to organize interviews and conferences with experts in their fields.
- It organizes visits together with the Ataturkist Ideology Association to see the regions and museums that are important in Turkish Revolution History.
- It publishes non-periodic publications on the subject on certain dates of the year within our Istanbul Kültür University’s publications, and it supports the consolidation of the Ataturkist System of Thought by sending these publications to relevant private and official institutions and organizations.
Asst. Prof. Dr. İnci ÇAĞLAYAN
Members of the Board of Directors
Asst. Prof. Dr Ömer Korkmaz
Asst. Prof. Dr Sakine Nilüfer Bilgin
Asst. Prof. Dr Aytaç Özelçi
Mission of the Department of Atatürk's Principles and History of Turkish Revolution:
Is to plan and run conference and panels to ensure our students' awareness about recent history; and aim to teach Ataturk's principles and dynamics related to the establishment process of the Revolution and the Republic of Turkey.
Vision of the Department of Atatürk's Principles and History of Turkish Revolution:
To make the Ataturk's Principles and History of Turkish Revolution understandable; to increase the interest of the students from different departments and to be a respectable department.
|Asst. Prof. Dr. İnci ÇAĞLAYAN|
|0212 498 44 90|
|Distance Education Department Coordinator|
|Instructor. Emine EREN ÇAĞLAR|
|0212 498 45 13|