T.C. ISTANBUL KULTUR UNIVERSITY
About the Education in the Global Pandemic and Healthy Campus Practices Rectorate Announcement
In the fight against the new corona virus (COVID-19) pandemic a “Guide to Develop Healthy and Clean Environment in the Higher Education Institutes in the Context of Global Pandemic” has been prepared with the collaboration of the Council of Higher Education and Turkish Standards Institution; afterwards, with the decision of transitioning to face-to-face education starting from 2021-2022 academic year fall semester, the aforementioned guide, has been updated and became two separate directories such as “The Implementation For the Education in the Global Pandemic” and “Guide of Practices For Campus Environment”. These directories which include detailed information about the education process among the universities and the precautions to be taken in the campuses, were shared with the universities and were basically asked to act under the issues specified in these principles. Although it is essential to comply with these principles, the decision-making bodies of the universities have been given the authority to make decisions regarding the process in taking appropriate measures according to the course of the epidemic. In this context, in order to ensure that the issues stipulated by the aforementioned Guiding Principles of the Council of Higher Education are made operational by taking fast and effective decisions in accordance with the course of the epidemic in all campuses of our University, the Senate Decision has been taken in accordance with the curriculum of the relevant Faculties on how to conduct education and within the framework of the Council of Higher Education, in addition to that, T.C. Istanbul Kültür University “Rectorate Announcement on Healthy Campus Practices in the Global Epidemic” was prepared in order to summarize and announce the aforementioned Guiding Principles in general terms.
It is of vital importance for our students, academic and administrative staff and stakeholders to studiously follow Healthy Campus Practice Principles and to act sensitively and solution-oriented in solving possible systematic problems that may occur during the process of making the process functional at the point of fulfilling the requirements of the PCR Circular of the Ministry of the Interior. We have absolute trust in Istanbul Kültür University to act solution-oriented in this process as every individual and visitor of Istanbul Kültür University. We wish everyone a healthy semester, we kindly request you to comply with the following general principles and rules, and carefully read both Guidelines of Council of Higher Education, the link of which is shared below, and show sensitivity in fulfilling the requirements.
- It is mandatory to wear masks in the university.
- According to the document of the Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Services “Precautions to be Taken in the Work Places for Corona Virus (COVID-19)” and the PCR Circular of the Ministry of the Interior, no academic-administrative staff, student, visitor, stakeholder will not be admitted to the campus who are determined to be at risk/contact in the HES code inquiry, who have not completed two vaccinations, or who have a positive PCR test performed at the frequency determined in the basic legislation.
- In university common areas, the physical distance rules in the warnings issued in accordance with the regulatory procedures and anti-epidemic measures should be followed. During the use of common areas, care should be taken not to cause agglomeration and crowding.
- Following the rules of personal hygiene and cleaning, hands should be washed with soap and water for 20 seconds after physical contact -as stated in Council of Higher Education Guiding Principles. When washing is not possible, disinfection with hand disinfectant should be performed.
- The physical distance rule should be followed, and behaviours such as handshaking and hugging should not be performed. Minimum contact should be made with surfaces and materials in physical areas.
- In cases of coughing and sneezing, the mouth and nose should be covered with a disposable tissue. In cases where tissue is not used, the inside of the elbow should be used. Hands should not come into contact with mouth, nose and eyes without washing them.
- Non-contact medical waste bins should be used for wastes such as masks, tissue paper, towels, and napkins that are at risk of contamination.
- Information notes should be followed in common areas (washbasin, canteen, teahouse, elevator, etc.) for which the number of people is restricted.
- Since the common areas such as classrooms, libraries, laboratories and cafeteria within the campus will be cleaned periodically, the necessary sensitivity should be shown in the supervision and control of the faculty, department and unit responsible in the execution of the activity.
- Amphitheatres and classrooms should be ventilated regularly and frequently by opening windows. In addition, block classes should not be held, and the environment should be ventilated by giving a break of at least 10 minutes depending on the size of the lecture halls or classrooms.
- Particular attention should be paid to the cleaning of areas that are in contact with more than one person, such as the table surface and door handle, and a planning should be made in the current cleaning plan to ensure that they are cleaned periodically.
- In addition to the general principles mentioned above, in terms of hygiene conditions and obligatory precautions regarding education, training and research areas, it is stated in the "Guidelines for Practices for Campus Environments During the Global Epidemic Process" and under the heading "Measures to be Taken in Social and Common Use Areas". The detailed rules listed above are valid, and it is obligatory for our university to show the necessary sensitivity to comply with the same rules.
- For the Guide to Applications for Campus Environments in the Global Pandemic Process-2021, see,
- For Applications Guide to Educational Processes-2021, see,