Erasmus Program is a formation to ensure the common modernisation and compliance of the EU countries and the countries in the EU membership process. It supports higher education students to study and work abroad and also encourages higher education institutes in Europe to colloborate. Higher education students in Turkey (like other European countries) can participate in Erasmus Student Mobility and Work Placement once for student mobility and once for work placement at each level of higher education; at undergraduate, graduate and doctorate levels.
Within Student and Staff Mobility, our faculty has institutional agreements with distinguished universities in Europe. The Architecture Department has bilateral agreements with the following universities,
1) Universitat Stuttgart (Stutgart, Almanya)
2) Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe (Detmold, Almanya)
3) University of Hasselt (Hasselt, Belçika)
4) KU Leuven (Belçika)
5) University of Architecture, Civil Engineering, Geodesy (Sofya, Bulgaristan)
6) Ostrava Technical University (Ostrava, Çek Cumhuriyeti)
7) Aarhus School of Architecture (Danimarka)
8) University of Oulu (Oulu, Finlandiya)
9) Ecole Nationale Superieure d’Architecture de Marseille (Marsilya, Fransa)
10) Amsterdam Akademie (Amsterdam, Hollanda)
11) La Salle Campus Barcelona-Universitat Ramon Llull (Barselona, İspanya)
12) University of Sevilla (Sevilla, İspanya)
13) Polytechnical University of Valencia (İspanya)
14) Malmö University (Malmö, İsveç)
15) Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II (Napoli, İtalya)
16) Universita degli Studi Roma Tre (Roma, İtalya)
17) Politecnico di Bari (Bari, İtalya)
18) Politecnico di Milano (Milano, İtalya)
19) University of Pecs (Pecs, Macaristan)
20) University of Ecology and Management in Warsaw (Warsaw, Polonya)
21) Nysa University of Applied Sciences (Polonya)
22) Technical University of Cluj-Napoca (Cluj-Napoca, Romanya)
The Interior Architecture and Environmental Design Department has bilateral agreements with the following universities;
Malmö University -SWEDEN
Zeppelin University- GERMANY
Accademia di Belle Arti Frosinone – ITALY
Universidad Politecnica De Valencia – SPAIN
Applications for Erasmus Student Mobility are reviewed according to IKU Language Proficiency Exam result, Erasmus Grade determined by GPA (Grade Point Average) and also student’s preference rankings.
Within Erasmus Work Placement program, our students find the opportunity to work in the professional companies (at architectural design offices or their construction sites) and/or institutions located in the EU countries, who are Erasmus network members, for a period of 2 to 12 months, which they get into contact themselves. For this opportunity, students have to pass the foreign language proficiency exam and also must receive a Letter of Intention from the firm or institution.
Within Erasmus Staff Mobility, faculty members from partner universities are visiting our department to carry out a period of teaching (approximately 8 to 10 hours in 1 to 5 days) through lectures or studio courses, to give seminars or conferences. Likewise, our faculty members are visiting partner universities in order to givlectures and to make research. By this means, the content of our architectural programs are significantly flourishing.
Through mutual educational studies as a part of Erasmus Program, a large number of students have the chance to take advantage of the courses and laboratory/studio works, coordinated with partner universities.
Erasmus cooperations are accepted as an integral part of our architectural education programs at all levels, including both students and scholars, with and international perspective. It is aimed to offer all opportunities of Erasmus Program, as privileges which all of our students and scholars must benefit from.
Faculty Coordinator Elif Mıhçıoğlu Bilgi
Departmental Coordinator (Turkish) Şeyda Şen
Departmental Coordinator of Interior Architecture & Env. Design Banu Manav