The New Student Orientation Program is held at the beginning of the first academic year of the student. This program’s aim is to greet the students and their families in a warm environment, to introduce the university which will become their second home during their education along with their new ‘family members’, and to make their first memories at the school unforgettable and beneficial. Our efforts regarding this matter include sharing basic information with the students and their families and supporting them from the first day of the university up to their graduation and beyond. New Student Orientation Program consists of two parts:
Student Orientation Days
Student Orientation Days aim to accustom the new students to the university life, to make their adaptation to the university life easier, to teach them about this new environment and to introduce them to each other. As part of this goal, the ‘University Orientation Program’ and the ‘Departmental Orientation Program’ are organized.
University Orientation Program
University Orientation Program includes the following.
- İKÜ traditions and foundations
- Academic opportunities
- Student life in different campuses
- Services of the units and departments
- Exchange programs
- Career Path counseling
- Information systems and technologies infrastructure
- Your rights and responsibilities at İKÜ
- Sign-up conditions for student clubs
- First steps to become a ‘university student’
Departmental orientation program
This program, which intends to introduce the Bachelor’s and Associate students to their departments or programs, includes the following:
Meeting with the department/program heads, academic staff, academic advisor, department representatives, student leaders and fellow students
- Educational content of the department/program
- Success criteria for the department/program
- Formula for academic success
- Specialized double major or minor conditions
- Application conditions for ERASMUS and international exchange programs
- Rules for registering for courses
Family Orientation Days
On the orientation days which are organized for the families of the students, the parents meet each other in a warm environment. They learn about the transition process of their children into the university and the services we provide during their education and after graduation.
2017-2018 Academic Year Orientation Program is going to be held between September 14-15, 2017.