Istanbul Kültür University was founded in 1997 as the ultimate accomplishment of Kültür Education Foundation by adopting its half-century-long modern education tradition. Following the footsteps of Ataturk’s principles and revolutions, Istanbul Kültür University successfully continues educating the young generations equipped with the contemporary knowledge, skills and abilities, and committed to morals and ethics. With its vision, mission and projects, IKU is a model and pioneer among other universities of the 21st century.
Istanbul Kültür University has the principle of “Education is a lifelong, all-round experience for everyone”; to this effect, it not only focuses on student development but on personal and social progress as well by organizing many social, cultural and artistic activities.
The dining halls, cafés, libraries, auditoriums and exhibition halls on our three campuses, which are centrally located in Bakırköy, Şirinevler and İncirli districts, are at the disposal of both our students and guests.
You can follow our regularly updated website to get more information and announcements about these social, cultural, artistic and scientific activities which also allows us to get to know you better.
Facts and Figures of Istanbul Kültür University
• Istanbul Kültür University consists of 5 faculties and 2 vocational schools.
• Postgraduate education is given in 2 institutes: Social Sciences Institute and Institute of Science.
• 6797 registered students are currently educated.
• Undergraduate student population is 5345.
• Postgraduate student population is 225.
• Associate student population is 827.
• English Preparatory School has 320 students.
• Our university has 569 academics teaching our students.
• Our university has 225 administrative staff.
• Our 3 campuses are located in Istanbul Ataköy, Bahçelievler and İncirli.
• We have more than 80 international partners.
• IKU contains 20 undergraduate degree programs and 13 associate degree programs.
• IKU library covers an area of 560 m2 and contains 32,000 electronic publications, 27,000 books and 40,000 e-journals.
• 7 different cafés and restaurants serve on the campuses.
• The total audience capacity of the University Conference Halls is 1,400.
• Our university organized 88 scientific and 117 cultural events in the 2008-2009 academic year.
You can take look at the Introduction Catalogue for more information about Istanbul Kültür University.